Monday, December 5, 2016

The Drama Curse

A few weeks ago we experienced what I can only assume is a preview of the tween drama that will hit us full force very soon.  Our darling girl was making a get well card for Grandpa.  At the very end, she wrote "Can't wait to see you on the Disney curse."


I laughed and said "That's so cute.  Just cross it out and write CRUISE. Grandpa will totally get a kick out of it."  The flailing of arms and running from the room left me stunned.  It was as if our daughter had been replaced by a bad actress playing cliche teenage girl #1.  I quite literally had NO response.

My husband, on the other had, handled it like a pro.  He said something that made her laugh, convinced her that grandpa would love it and also worked in a lesson about how things don't have to be perfect.

Moral of the story:  Husband will handle all girl drama from ages 8-18.

A few days later when I told our daughter that her card had made Grandpa's day, she was all smiles.

That is the end of this post.  If we are listing things on which I am NOT an expert, dealing with tween drama is near the top.  I have no further reflections or advice.  If you've got any for me, please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment